Click here to watch a recording of the webinar
The first few minutes of the webinar are not available due to a technical error.
(a brief software download is required if you do not already have the Blackboard program on your computer)
Recommended Resources from Julie Lalonde and Nicole Pietsch
Responding to Sexual Violence Disclosures
- Online learning modules
- Easy to complete
- Video scenarios of disclosures and supportive responses
- Draw the Line campaign
Learning Network Newsletter Issue 13: Sexual & Gender-based Harassment
Learning Network Brief 27: Sexual Harassment & Public Space
For additional resources, visit the Learning Network’s Area on Sexual and Gender-based Harassment
- Coates, L. and Allan Wade. “Telling it Like it Isn’t: Obscuring Perpetrator Responsibility for Violent Crime”. Discourse & Society 2004: 15, 503
- Vopni, V. “Young Women’s Experiences with Reporting Sexual Assault to Police” in Canadian Woman Studies 25 (1,2) (Winter/Spring 2006), 110
- Patterson, D. (2011). The impact of detectives’ manner of questioning on rape victims’ disclosure. Violence Against Women, 17(11), 1349-1373.
- Hollaback: You Have the Power to End Street Harassment. Online: http://www.ihollaback.org
- “I’m Not Thinking of it as Sexual Harassment”: Understanding Harassment Across Race And Citizenship. By S. Welsh, Jacquie Carr, Barbara MacQuarrie and Audrey Huntley.
- “Workplace Harassment and Violence Report”. 2004. Centre for Research on Violence Against Women and Children. Online: http://www.learningtoendabuse.ca/sites/default/files/WorkplaceHarassmentandViolencereport.pdf
- CBC News. November 4, 2014. More workplace allegations made against Jian Ghomeshi. Online: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/more-workplace-allegations-made-against-jian-ghomeshi-1.2822962
- Thompson, M., Sitterle, D., Clay, G. & Kingree, J. (2007). Reasons for not reporting victimizations to the police: Do they vary for physical and sexual incidents? Journal of American College Health, 55(5), 277-282.
- Wolfe and Chiodo, CAMH, 2008, p. 3.
- Gill, R. and and Angela R. Febbraro. 2013. Experiences and Perceptions of Sexual Harassment in the Canadian Forces Combat Arms. Violence Against Women 19(2) 269–287: 270.
- Bell, M. in Mary Dore (Director)’s (2014) She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry. See: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3319508/
- Draw the Line. Online: www.draw-the-line.ca