This Forum will present emerging research on and promising practices for supporting self-identified women who have experienced intimate partner violence and/or sexual violence related traumatic brain injury.
Date: Thursday, March 7, 2019
Time: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Location: Novotel, 45 The Esplanade, Toronto, ON M5E 1W2
Registration fee includes breakfast, lunch and nutritional breaks.
American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation will be available for the Forum, upon advance request. Please note a request for ASL interpretation in your registration form or email us at email@example.com
Accomodation: Guests can call Novotel hotel at 416-367-8900 refer to block ID 1705206 or Western University Block March 6-7, 2018. Rate: $189/night + taxes.
For more information, please contact Barb Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-661-2111 x87486
Participants in this knowledge exchange will be better able to:
- Identify the neurophysiological and behavioural elements of IPV and SV related TBI
- Recognize the challenges TBI creates for women navigating services and daily activities
- Describe the relationship between TBI and the stress of violent experiences
- Understand how intersecting oppressions impact IPV and SV related TBI
- Describe barriers to recognizing and responding to IPV and SV related TBI
- Identify promising strategies for recognizing and supporting women experiencing IPV and SV related TBI