Sex Only with Consent! (2021)
This infographic shares what consent is and when consent cannot be given.
Sex Only with Consent!
VOCAL: More than just the absence of “no”, consent requires “YES!”
- “Wanna have sex?”
- “Maybe not sex…”
- “Okay. How about …?
CONTINUAL: Consent is needed every time and can be withdrawn anytime.
- “You don’t seem into this today. Wanna slow down or stop?”
- “Let’s stop.”
- “No worries.”
CLEAR: What both people want to do and not do is discussed, not assumed.
- “What about doing…?”
- “Totally into #%*ing, but not *^#*.”
ENGAGED: Both people use verbal and nonverbal cues to show they are into it.
- Eye contact
Consent cannot be given when a person is:
- With someone who abuses their authority or power (for example, TA, Student Leader, Coach, etc.)
- Pressured, threatened, or coerced
- Incapacitated by alcohol or drugs